When we woke up this morning, we were completely amazed to find our cul-de-sac covered in about three inches of snow. Under that, the roads are iced over. And after dropping hubby off at the train, the snow started falling. It's still falling.... It looks like a perfect winter wonderland!
The tire tracks in the snow reminded me of all the times I pretended to be a train when I was a child. When it snowed, I dressed in my fuzzy one piece snow suit and snow boots, and I would then run around through all of the car tracks making train noises. My train would stop and gather passengers, take a right at the fork in the tracks, and chug on back to my house when I was finally cold through and through. Well, today I did just that. I threw on my winter gear and walked through car tracks, my camera in hand to snap shot my silliness. And when my toes were sufficiently frozen - it didn't take long - I was back inside enjoying the fireplace and feeling perfectly satisfied with my walk down memory lane. Perhaps tonight, hubby and I will make a snowman for date night.
No comments:
Post a Comment